This is an 11 day blogging challenge. I won't do it consecutively, as writing something which requires intensive thought and planning like this takes some time - but it will be completed. I hope you enjoy it and I would love to hear feedback in comments on what you enjoy
Create a scenario. Write about it, describe it as much as possible.
The white double doors swing wide open into the penthouse suite, and Lucas, with four of his cronies in tow, enter. Lucas stretches his arms wide and smiles when he sees the man and woman on the couch, but his eyes are cold and fearless.
"Adam! Eugenia! How good it is to see you!" Lucas strides across the open plan room to hug and kiss the cheek of the blond, Russian-looking, girl, and grasp the hand of the obviously nervous man.
"Can I get you a drink, Bobby?" enquires Eugenia, who is holding a half empty glass of champagne.
"Unfortunately I will not be staying long, dearest Eugenia." says Lucas, his accent is German, "I am here purely on business today. You must stop by the club this weekend, however. We have a busy VIP suite which I can get you and Adam here into."
"It sounds wonderful!" beams the girl.
"Did you bring them?" Adam is now standing with one foot awkwardly resting on the cushion of the leather sofa, and his hands in his pockets. Lucas's eyes narrow momentarily before he turns to the man. He looks uncomfortable, and keeps cutting nervous glances at the hard-looking men whom Lucas had brought with him into the rented apartment. "Well? Did you?" He asks again.
"Yes, Adam, I brought them." Lucas clicks his fingers and one of the men produces a small cloth bag from inside his coat and hands it to Lucas. "Inside here are gems which I have worked very hard for, Adam. These are untraceable. I have had these in my possession for many years now. If you sell these, they will not be recognised - they have had every available treatment to make these unauffindbar, undiscoverable, by the authorities. There are men who would pay a lot of money for these diamonds, Adam, and there are even more men who are prepared to kill for them." He shakes the bag and the faint noise of crushed glass can be heard. "Do you have what I am looking for?"
Adam gulps loudly and nods. He reaches into a rucksack on the arm of the sofa and pulls out a plastic carrier bag, and, after rustling with it for a few seconds, displays a small, transparent, sheet of plastic. On the plastic is a full set of fingerprints from at least thirteen different people, with initials and dates marked in permanent marker around them.
Lucas gestures, and, after seeing one of the hard-looking men fidget in boredom, Adam hands over the plastic. Lucas smiles as he looks over it.
After a minute, Lucas nods. "Perfect, Adam." Eugenia beams tipsily around the room.
"Thank you, Mr. Lucas." replies Adam. "It took me many months to get hold of these, and I paid a lot of money for some of them. The diamonds will help me pay off my debts very well."
Lucas looks confused and frowns. "Which diamonds, Mr. Evans?" Adam begins to stutter and moves forward to take back the fingerprints before seeing the men surrounding him reach for their weapons, and stopping in his tracks. He closes his eyes and steadies his nerves.
"Mr. Lucas, we had a deal." pleads Adam, "I get you the fingerprints and you give me the diamonds. I need those diamonds - Eugenia and I - We need those diamonds."
Lucas waves the plastic towards Adam. "Mr. Evans! I only see dreizehn, thirteen, sets of prints here. The deal was vierzehn, Mr. Evans. Fourteen. Where's my other set of prints, Adam?"
Adam begins to babble and has to lean against the sofa for support. "No, Mr. Lucas, we agreed on thirteen, please, Eugenia and I, we need the diamonds!" The hard-looking men fidget once more and one of them reaches his hand towards his concealed weapon.
Lucas's icy blue eyes watch over Adam as he hyperventilates in the penthouse, 300m above street level. He plays with the bag of diamonds and ponders. After a few tense moments, his frown disappears and is replaced with a wide laughing smile. "Eugenia! Did you see Adam? He nearly shat himself!" Eugenia laughs musically, and Lucas tosses over the cloth bag to Adam, who drops it out of fright with a yelp and a curse.
"Come along this weekend to the club and we can have a drink together," says Lucas, though more to Eugenia than to Adam, who is still in the middle of a nervous breakdown. Lucas kisses Eugenia on the cheek once more and strides out of the door, leaving the couple swaying in the middle of the room. The hard-looking men follow without a word, and the cloth bag sits on the knee height table with the lonely couple.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Spam will be weeded out and burned